Key Responsibilities of a Software QA Engineer:
- Communicate with business users to understand specific End to End system requirements and also collaborate with others to determine system specifications
- Recommend changes to improve systems and participate in design concepts working sessions.
- Document design specifications, System design models and support quality Engineering teams.
- Complete requirements design models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze Systems quality engineering coverage , system performance under different operating conditions.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development teams, troubleshooting of systems and systems maintenance.
- Research, test, or verify proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Prepare analytical reports and Communicate project information through presentations
- Engage in project planning to identify test automation opportunities and promote its usage.
- Day to Day interactions with Clients and Projects stakeholders.
- Understand systems data and build Scripts to validate small to extremely large scale data volumes on a range of different databases like Oracle, MySQL, mongo, Cassandra.
- Document Business Processes, workflows and QA results of End to End Systems and obtains sign-off from client on the specifications, provides the necessary technical artifacts and assertive QA exit criteria.
- Design and Code automation scripts, framework to monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Maintain the source code under central repository (bit bucket) with the help of source version control tool (GIT).
Desired Skills and Experience of a Software QA Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related field plus minimum 2 years of experience in software development and quality Engineering
- Hands-on on expertise in building frameworks and scripts ( Selenium, Test NG, Cucumber , Junit, Load Runner and HP Storm Runner)
- Experience with Angular JS Applications Development and Testing.
- Ability to use test tools like debuggers, emulators, simulators and log analyzers
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, prioritization, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
Bonus Skills of a Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Data visualization tools: - D3.js, GGplot, Tableau
- NoSQL databases:- MongoDB, Cassandra
- ETL Testing Tools: - Informatica Data Validation, Query Surge, Data gaps ETL Validator, etc.
- Defect tracking tools: JIRA, HP quality Center, Bug Tracker, Code Collaborator, Rational Clear Quest
- Configuration Management: GitHub, Bit Bucket Jenkins, Rational Clear case, Tortoise SVN.
- Query Languages: - SQL/PL-SQL, SPL
- Automation Tools:- Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, CA Lisa, Rest Assured
- Database Developer and Administration Software Tools – Toad
Job Type: Full-time
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or computer related field or equivalent (Required)
Atlanta - GA
Seattel or Bellevue - WA
United States (Required)
Logic Loops is currently seeking a hands-on Software Quality Assurance Engineer with proven experience of behavioral testing of software products and creating and maintaining automated testing. The QA Engineer will be responsible for testing of software products prior to customer QA and before release.The Software QA Engineer typically defines the objectives and scopes for each stage of a STLC, and are responsible for managing quality control and for coodinationg the work of all team members to ensure that the product is delivered on time. They work closely with clients and developers to execute software projects to ensure client satisfaction.